Enterprise security and access
M-Files offers robust security technologies such as market-leading access control features, audit trails, federated authentication, encryption during data exchange and storage, intrusion detection, data loss prevention, high availability and more.
Complete control over access and permissions
Automatic permissions based on metadata: M-Files provides a patented and revolutionary approach to managing access based on the content of information and documents.
M-Files provides the highest level of encryption so that no one gets unauthorized access to your information.
- M-Files encrypts network communications between M-Files clients (M-Files Desktop, M-Files Web and M-Files Mobile) and
- M-Files Server via HTTPS, RPC, VPN and IPSec.
- M-Files encrypts data with an AES-256 algorithm (compliant with the FIPS 140-2 standard)
- M-Files supports database encryption via Microsoft SQL Server Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
M-Files provides built-in audit trail functionality to record important events and changes:
- Automatic registration of object changes, such as creating, modifying and deleting objects
- Information about who carried out which actions and exactly when that happened
- Track login and logout, password changes and user group changes
Applying strict password policies, such as required password complexity and expiration rules, is a good way to strengthen the security of your data. You can further strengthen the data security of the authentication process with federated authentication, multifactor authentication and pre-shared key authentication within M-Files. M-Files supports authentication via any SAML V2.0 and OAuth 2.0 compatible Identity Provider (IdP).
Prevent data loss at all times
M-Files offers comprehensive out-of-the-box technology to prevent data loss.
High availability you can rely on
Thanks to M-Files, you don’t have to worry about the availability of your data.
On the way to ISO 9001:2015 certification
With M-Files, GeONE offers high-quality information management solutions for organizations from different sectors. We excel in understanding the different legal requirements our clients must meet. M-Files as a quality management system is certified according to the ISO 9001:2015 standard for the design, development, delivery and support of information management software and related services. As part of the certification process, M-Files QMS is regularly audited by an accredited third party to ensure it meets the ISO 9001:2015 standard.